Tangled Yarns

Tangled Yarns

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Eat your dinner

“But Mooommm, I hate eating the skin. Can’t you peel it off for me?”
I ignore the puppy dog eyes my daughter sends my way. “No. All the best nutrients are in the skin. Just eat it along with the rest.”
Petulant stomping toward the table tells me how well my declaration is received. I smile indulgently at her muttering, and finish filling our plates. Swallowing my smile, I shuffle to the table with our dinner.
“Just eat the skin with the flesh, love. If you eat it all, there’s fresh brains for dessert.”

11 comments:

  1. Ha! I love it! Kids are the same, no matter what species. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Knew this was headed to cannibalism - kind of weird, but we talk more about eating human flesh than the stuff on chicken breast around these parts, even though there's no recreation of the act. Good pinch in a little does, Jax.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! So typical of kids. They do make for some interesting ideas though like you've done here! Very nice Jax! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, yes! Spaghetti and meatballs - translates to worms and eye balls for Halloween supper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, what kid could say no to fresh brains for dessert? That skin is as good as gone! Good story!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha, too funny. Mama knows best, after all. Great story!

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha, nice. Thanks for sharing :)

    Julie/Firewolf/OWG

    ReplyDelete