Tangled Yarns

Tangled Yarns

Sunday, August 29, 2010

My first ever flash fic *gulp*

Dream

I lay in the comfort of your arms, slowing my breathing to match yours, willing my heart to beat in time with the rhythm of yours. The worries and fears of the day, of my life, disappear as my senses are filled by your presence. There is only us, isolated from the world by nothing but the weight of the quilt and it is enough. It is everything.


The buzzing alarm jerks me awake, and I feel tears prick my eyes. Who would have thought good dreams could make you weep.

6 comments:

  1. It's beautiful, Laura. Thanks for the sneak peek!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovey. Welcome to the #fridayflash community.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful contribution to the #fridayflash community. Welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much said in so few words. Well done and welcome to #fridayflash.

    ReplyDelete